The Planning Commission provides official recommendations to the Town Council on planning and zoning matters as outlined and described in Division 1 of Article II of the Zoning Ordinance (Chapter 42 of the Town Code). Members are appointed to four-year terms by the Town Council
Current Planning Commission Members
- Shiva Schilling, Chair (term ends June 30, 2020)
- Greg Ratner, Vice Chair (term ends June 30, 2021)
- Adam Baumgardner (term ends June 30, 2022)
- Kris Consaul (term ends June 30, 2021)
- Bob Custard (term ends June 30, 2021)
- Stacey Evans (term ends June 30, 2019)
- William Hyde (term ends June 30, 2020)
Email the Planning Commission: email@example.com
Reports & Resolutions
Follow the links below to access reports and resolutions approved by the Lovettsville Planning Commission:
- Letter from the Mayor and PC Report on the Draft Loudoun County Envision Loudoun 2040 Comprehensive Plan
- PC Report on the Draft Loudoun County Envision Loudoun 2040 Comprehensive Plan
- CY 2017 & FY 2018 PC Annual Report
- 2016 PC Annual Report
The Planning Commission meets the first Wednesday of every month for its regular meeting (and the third Wednesday if needed). The Commission may also hold work sessions to prepare items for the regular monthly meetings as needed.
All meetings are held at the Town Hall (unless otherwise announced) at 7:30 p.m. and are open to the public. The public is invited to speak at all regular meetings and public hearings.
Citizens wishing to submit written comments to be distributed to the Planning Commissioners as part of the meeting packets should ensure they are received by the Town Clerk by 3:00 PM on the Thursday before the meeting. Written comments may be mailed or emailed and must contain the senders name and physical address and should indicate that they are intended for distribution to the Commission. Comments received by the Clerk after the packet is distributed and before 3:00 PM on the day of the meeting will be distributed to the Commissioners at the beginning of the meeting.
In June 2017, the Town implemented a video recording system for Town Council and Planning Commission meetings. The meeting agenda and related documents, videos, and action minutes for meetings since June 2017 can be found on the Town Hall Videos page.
Click here to view minutes and agendas of Town Council Meetings prior to June 2017. Audios recordings of these meetings are available upon request.
Prior to 2008
Meeting minutes prior to 2008 are available in hard copy at the Town Hall.