The Town of Lovettsville, VA (pop. 2,300+) located in northern Loudoun County, VA is a small, but fast growing and active community. Originally incorporated as a German Settlement in 1836, the Town of Lovettsville provides many services to its citizens and the surrounding community, including water/wastewater utilities, solid waste and recycling collection, historical museum and parks and recreation facilities. Additionally, the Town takes pride in hosting major events throughout the year, including Oktoberfest, MayFest, summer concert and movie series, and multiple winter and holiday themed activities, as well as patriotic ceremonies for Memorial Day, Independence Day, Patriots Day and Veterans Day.
The Town Manager is appointed and serves at the pleasure of the Town Council and is responsible for the planning and execution of activities to meet the operational and strategic objectives of the Town Council, under the general supervision of the Mayor. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Execution of the day-to-day operations to meet the Town’s operational and strategic objectives,
- Effective communication with the Town’s citizens, business owners, Mayor and Council members,
- Budget and capital improvement plan development and implementation,
- Sound financial planning and reporting,
- Government liaison with other federal, state and local agencies and governing bodies, and
- Supervision of the Town’s staff, including water and wastewater operations.The successful candidate shall possess strong verbal and written communication skills, proven leadership, lead with a collaborative management style and possess the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Public Policy, Economics or Urban Planning. Master’s Degree Preferred. Minimum 5 years of local government management experience, as a Town Manager, Assistant Town Manager, City Manager or Assistant City Manager.
Salary and Benefits: Up to $100,000 depending on qualifications. Competitive benefit package including participation in Virginia Retirement System and The Local Choice Health Benefits Program. See the Town Manager Brochure for additional information about the position.
How to Apply: Email completed Application for Employment, cover letter, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application must be received no later than 4:30PM on Friday, September 21, 2018. For more information, call 540-822-5788.
The Town of Lovettsville does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in employment or provision of services. The Town of Lovettsville is an equal opportunity employer.