LOVETTSVILLE WATER TOWER PROJECT UPDATE:
We are pleased to inform Lovettsville residents that a preconstruction meeting was held on September 18th. Work is expected to be completed within the next 5 months. The following represents a schedule that outlines the Town’s expectations of the project:
• Week of 9/28 – The Contractor, Glovers, will be onsite removing equipment from the tank
• 10/5 – 11/6 – The contractor, Longwood, will be onsite working on the foundation modification
• 11/6 – 11/13 – This is a float week to account for any potential delays in the foundation modification schedule
• 11/16 – 12/18 – Tank modification by Glovers –accounting for a short work week because of the Thanksgiving holiday– proposed duration is 4 weeks
• 12/18 – 1/1/21 – A float week and Holiday time
• 1/4 – 1/22 – There will be Utility Service onsite sandblasting and painting the tank
• Month of February – Each of the carriers will be scheduled to remove their equipment from the temporary tower and install it onto the water tank. This schedule doesn’t account for any delays caused due to winter storms.
Click here for more project updates.