- Technology Office/Business at 16 Town Square: The owner of the Painter property (zoned CI-1) has submitted a site development plan for construction of a 7,500 square-foot technology office building, off-street parking and landscaping on the site. Construction is expected to commence mid-to-late 2020.
Public & Non-Residential Developments:
- Lovettsville Community Park located near East Broadway, Lovettsville Road and Milltown Road. The project includes construction of 90 acres of park facilities. These facilities include equestrian trails, walking trails, off-leash areas, a pond, and an amphitheater. In addition, the park facilities include 4 softball/baseball fields, 3 soccer fields and an equestrian area. Other additions to the park site include site lighting, athletic field lighting, athletic field irrigation systems, fencing, retaining walls, athletic field accessories, flag poles, utility infrastructure, storm water grading, piping, and landscaping. Improvements will be made at the southern entrance and a new asphalt play area at Lovettsville Elementary School. In July 2020, the construction contract was awarded to Dustin Construction Inc. Since then, work on Lovettsville Elementary School property including the utility infrastructure that services the park; excavation of temporary sediment basins and all other Erosion and Sediment control measures; and site clearing work have been completed. The contractor is currently working on earthwork for park features including parking lots and ball fields and utility infrastructure is being installed throughout the entire park which includes storm water piping and water and sewer lines. For more information about the Lovettsville Community Park, visit the project page.
- Lovettsville Community Center (57 East Broad Way): This project will design and construct a new community center building in the Town of Lovettsville, replacing the existing building. The new Community Center will be over 15,000 square feet and will have a full-size gymnasium, five classrooms, a multipurpose room, kitchen, administrative offices, meeting space and storage areas. The project also includes a 600-square-foot addition and renovation to the existing 1,200-square-foot Pool House. Loudoun County completed phase one of construction in June 2020 and the remaining four phases are delayed until a general contractor can be procured. An invitation for bid for a general contractor to complete the construction of the new Lovettsville Community Center was extended to October 13, 2020 to allow additional time for Offerors to tour the existing facility, review the stored construction materials and to respond to bidder inquiries. In preparation for the start of construction, Loudoun County is currently working to complete minor underground utility relocations at the community center site. This work is expected to be complete in October 2020. For more information about the Lovettsville Community Center, visit the project page.
- Lovettsville Volunteer Fire and Rescue Station: The Lovettsville Volunteer Fire and Rescue Company (No. 12), in conjunction with the Loudoun County Department of Fire, Rescue and Emergency Management, applied in April of 2017 to be annexed into the Town of Lovettsville for the purpose of constructing a new fire station south of the existing facility. The annexation by simple boundary line adjustment was approved by the Town in May 2018, and the boundary line adjustment agreement was executed by the Loudoun County Circuit Court in November of 2018. Construction is expected to commence in 2021.
Residential Developments Under Construction:
- Lennar Homes Safety Improvements to 287: Lennar Homes is making progress regarding the installation of the right turn lane from southbound 287 into their subdivision. The turn lane has been constructed and the pavement is appropriately striped. The trail that is expected to be constructed adjacent to the southbound roadway is graded but still requires stone and pavement. Fine grading of the area, seeding and mulching is not yet completed. Lennar Homes will be attempting to complete a majority of work during the months of October and November. All dates provided below are all contingent on weather/temperatures and may alter as we progress through each phase of work. However, all work listed below should be expected over the course of the next few months.
- Underground storm pipe repairs are completed
- Stake out of Pond/ROW/Existing Lot on Meadow Way is complete
- 10/7/20 – Concrete repairs have begun and will take up to 3 weeks to complete. Most repairs are marked with a pink X or dot.
- 10/9/20 – H20 truck will be in the community to complete the CCTV on all pipe repairs
- 10/12/20 – Street Repairs will begin. That will include milling, base repairs and final topping. This process could take approximately 4 weeks to complete
- 10/19/20 – Trail Installation
- 11/2/20 – Landscaping Installation
- TBD SWM Pond completion
Please note that due to VDOT regulations, the landscaping within the median will be removed from the VDOT Right of Way, due to possible sight distance and maintenance concerns. VDOT will not maintain any landscaping within the VDOT right of way.
- Keena Subdivision: The Keena Subdivision involves the construction of 23 new single-family dwellings in the Planned Infill Development District (PIDD). The subject property is bounded by East Broad Way, Locust Street and Frye Court. Ryan Homes in the home builder for 20 of the lots, officially known as Villages at Lovettsville. This construction project includes an extension of East Pennsylvania Avenue from Locust Street to Frye Court, construction of a new street linking these two streets one block to the south, and installation of sidewalks and curb and gutters along the east side of Locust Street. Construction began in 2019 and and all homes are expected to be completed by the end of 2020.