TOWN OF LOVETTSVILLE
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
ORDINANCE TO CONSIDER A SECOND AMENDMENT TO
TELECOMMUNICATIONS LEASE AGREEMENT BETWEEN
THE TOWN OF LOVETTSVILLE, VIRGINIA
AND APC REALTY AND EQUIPMENT COMPANY (SPRINT)
Pursuant to §§ 15.2-1800; 15.2-2100 et seq., of the 1950 Code of Virginia, as amended, the LOVETTSVILLE TOWN COUNCIL will hold a Public Hearing on Thursday, June 23, 2022, at 6:30 p.m., in the Town Council Chambers, 6 E. Pennsylvania Avenue, Lovettsville, Virginia, to consider a Second Amendment to the Town of Lovettsville’s Lease Agreement with APC Realty and Equipment Company (Sprint).
The proposed Second Amendment to the Lease Agreement concerns property owned by the Town, identified by property identification number (PIN) 333-45-9227-000, Tax Map number //9A3/1////45/, being the site of the Town of Lovettsville’s Water Tank, located at 14A Quarter Branch Road, Lovettsville, Virginia. The proposed Second Amendment will:
• Reduce the monthly rent to $4,000, commencing on January 1, 2023;
• Reduce the escalator to 2.5 percent, beginning January 1, 2024;
• Amend the term of the Lease Agreement so anticipated extensions are automatic, but not increase the original term;
• Allow the Tenant to install three (3) additional antennas and ancillary equipment at no cost to the Tenant, conditioned upon structural analysis, radio frequency survey and Town approval of any applicable designs;
• Allow the Tenant to terminate the Lease Agreement under specific terms;
• Update addresses for notice requirements
All persons desiring to speak will be given an opportunity to do so at this meeting. Copies of the current Lease Agreement, First Amendment and proposed Second Amendment are available for review at the Town Hall between the hours of 8:30am and 4:30pm weekdays or by special appointment, holidays excepted. Call 540-822-5788 for more information or visit www.lovettsvilleva. gov. In the event the meeting is cancelled, the public hearing will be convened at the next regular scheduled meeting at the same time and place.