UTILITY ASSISTANCE GRANTS:
The Town is providing ARPA utility assistance for Lovettsville Town residents and businesses with Town utility accounts who meet certain income criteria and are experiencing financial hardship. The Town’s utility assistance program provides a credit that will be applied directly to your water and sewer account at the Town. Please read the utility assistance information below, download and fill out the application form below and submit it to the Town Offices with the proper attachments in-person at 6 E. Pennsylvania Avenue or via email to [email protected]. Once received, the Town will review and process the submitted form and, if approved, the appropriate credit will be applied to your utility account. More information is also available at the Town’s Pay My Bills webpage.
The Town’s Utility Assistance Program is intended to provide assistance to low to moderate income households in the Town of Lovettsville as a credit to the individual water and sewer account:
- Eligibility for moderate- to low-income households based on 70% of the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) May 2023 Washington Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) Median Area Income (AMI) levels.
Applicants will be required to submit a completed application that includes a statement of need for financial assistance, and a copy of their 2022 annual household income of the filed 1040 form with the federal government.
- The Washington Metropolitan Statistical Area- AMI is tiered according to the number of people in the household. Size of household is based on occupants residing in the home which includes spouse, dependents, roommates (with residency proof) and others (with proof of residency).
- Based on the number of people in the household, a utility account credit is proposed to be provided equivalent to three months of the minimum monthly service charge of $50.70 for every occupant of the household.
For the Residents Utility Assistance Grant Application form, please click here: Utility Assistance Residents Fillable Form
The Town’s Utility Assistance Program is intended to provide assistance to non-profits and community organizations physically located in the Town that require financial assistance in the form a credit to the individual water and sewer account. The following is a list of criteria to be met by the non-profit to receive Utility Assistance.
- Non-profit/Community Organizations located in Town that have a water and sewer account.
- Submit a completed application that includes a statement of need for financial assistance, a copy of 2022 990-form, and valid IRS non-profit designation letter/certificate of good standing.
For the Non-Profit Utility Assistance Grant Application form, please click here: Utility Assistance Non-Profit-Fillable Form.
The Town’s Utility Assistance Program is intended to aid businesses physically located in the Town that require financial assistance in the form a credit to the individual water and sewer account. The following list is criteria to qualify the business for Utility Assistance funding.
- Business must be in good standing with the Town (business license, property tax, meals tax (if applicable) and utility account).
- Physically located in Town and business has a water and sewer account in the business’s name as of June 1, 2022.
- Submit a completed application that includes a statement of need for financial assistance, and copy of 2022 Schedule C.
For the Business Utility Assistance Grant Application, please click here: Utility Assistance Non-Profit-Fillable Form.