The Town of Lovettsville is currently hiring for the position of Treasurer. The hiring process will be open until filled.
The Town of Lovettsville (population of 2,794), originally known as the German Settlement, is a small community in northern Loudoun County, Virginia, with historical roots dating to 1732. Lovettsville is three miles south of Brunswick, Maryland, and less than 35 miles from Winchester, VA, Martinsburg, WV, and Dulles International Airport. The Town of Lovettsville is a Council-Manager form of government with a Mayor elected at-large (two-year terms) and six Council Members elected at-large (staggering four-year terms resulting in three Council Members being elected every two years).
The Town of Lovettsville seeks a dedicated, responsive, and experienced individual who will thrive in this small-town environment for the position of Treasurer. The Treasurer position oversees the coordination and direction of all financial management and accounting for the town operations under the direction of the Town Manager, which includes overall supervision of accounting and finance, revenue and tax collection, debt administration and treasury, purchasing, assessing, and payroll and retirement operations. The Treasurer position is a full-time position that is appointed and serves at the pleasure of the Mayor and Lovettsville Town Council.
Position Title: Treasurer
Targeted Annual Salary Hiring Range: up to $85,000, depending on qualifications
Full/Part Time: Full-time with benefits
FLSA Exemption: Exempt, but eligible for compensatory leave.
Location: Town Hall. 6 E. Pennsylvania Avenue, Lovettsville, VA 20180
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Description of Work:
This position provides highly responsible support functions for all aspects of the Town government including organizational management, budgeting and finance, internal/external communication, internal and external governmental affairs, and special projects that are complex and confidential in nature. This position works closely with the Town Manager, the Mayor and Town Council, and other boards, commissions, and committees.
• Prepare and review monthly utility billing and collections
• Monitor Town Investments for compliance with Town Policy
• Prepare monthly financial report for Town Council and Town Manager
• Monthly bank to general ledger reconciliation including adjusting entries
• All State, Federal and Annual Financial Reporting
• Ensures payroll records and reports are maintained and properly filed
Required Skills and Abilities:
• Working knowledge of organization and operation of Town Funds
• Knowledge of accepted practices related to auditing, financial reporting, treasury management, debt administration, investment and money management, internal controls, universal assessing practices and governmental financial systems.
• Knowledge of GAAFR, GAAP, GASB, payroll and accounts payable functions, budgetary accounting and report systems, fiscal planning and investing.
• Ability to communicate effectively, work well with employees and officials at all levels, maintain and prepare complex records and reports, maintain effective accounting procedures, and carry out projects to their completion.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, accounting software products, and general office technology for use in the accounting and finance area.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience as an accountant, preferably governmental accounting
• A degree or college credits in accounting, business administration, finance or related field
• A combination of experience and education will be considered
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
• Minimal physical effort is required to perform duties under typical busy office conditions.
• Regular Business Hours at 8:30am-4:30pm, Monday through Friday
Compensation and Benefits:
• Targeted Hiring Range: up to $85,000 annual salary based on qualifications.
• The Town offers competitive compensation, affordable health insurance coverage, participation in the Virginia Retirement System, an optional 457(b) retirement plan with a Town matching contribution, voluntary benefits, employee assistance program (EAP), and generous paid annual and sick leave.
To apply, please fill out the application: Application for Employment – Town of Lovettsville .
Please submit applications and resumes via email to: [email protected] or hardcopies to 6 E. Pennsylvania Avenue, Lovettsville, VA during business hours Monday-Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm.