The Town of Lovettsville (population of 2,694), originally known as the German Settlement, is a small community in northern Loudoun County, Virginia, with historical roots dating to 1732. Lovettsville is three miles south of Brunswick, Maryland, and less than 35 miles from Winchester, VA, Martinsburg, WV, and Dulles International Airport. The Town of Lovettsville is a Council/Manager form of government, with a Mayor elected at large (two-year terms) and six Council Members elected at-large (staggering four-year terms for three Council Members being elected every two years).
The Town of Lovettsville is currently hiring for the following positions:
Position Title: Summer Employee – Generalist
Targeted Hourly Rate: $12.00
Full/Part Time: Temporary, part-time
FLSA Exemption: non-exempt, part-time.
Location: Town Hall. 6 E. Pennsylvania Avenue, Lovettsville, VA 20180
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Description of Work: The Summer position will be assigned various tasks ranging from outdoor maintenance, administrative/clerical duties, and specific projects. The position will be scheduled to work up to 30 hours per week starting in early June with the internship ending in August.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Execute assignments, projects, and job responsibilities efficiently and within defined timeframes, while working independently and effectively with little direction.
- Ability to develop, file and maintain records such as digitizing paper records per the Library of Virginia Retention Schedules.
- Maintain effective and collaborative working relationships; ensure excellent customer service with internal and external customers.
- Ability to perform research and provide documentation and information, as necessary.
- Must show initiative, discretion, and independent judgment with correspondence, special projects and related activities based on knowledge of administrative policies and procedures.
- Prefer some experience in small engine maintenance and repair and landscaping and use of power tools.
- Successful candidates will have a positive attitude, good communication skills, and are self-motivated.
- Completion of 10th grade; high school diploma or equivalent preferred; prefer six (6) months of related work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess reliable transportation to work site and occasional meetings, training, and other work-related duties.
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
- Perform physical activities and lifting with medium-to-heavy materials and occasionally with heavy materials over 60 lb.
- Regular Business Hours at 8:30am-4:30pm, Monday through Friday
- Working conditions will include outdoors and exposure to weather. Flexible schedules will be offered – early mornings and weekends*
To apply, please fill out our Application for Employment.
Applications may be sent via email to [email protected], mailed to P.O. Box 209 (6 East Pennsylvania Avenue) Lovettsville, VA 20180 or dropped off at Town Hall between the hours of 8:30AM and 4:30PM Monday through Friday. Applications may also be placed in our drive-by drop box located across from the porch behind the Lovettsville Historical Society Museum. Questions may be directed to Town Clerk, Lizzy Fontaine, at [email protected] or by phone at 540-755-3001.